Monday, March 26, 2012

The first day. AKA The Day Of Doom.


The best way to start this off is with a few pics.

 
 This is my boudoir on the  night BEFORE we left. Yes I know, I do not have a real closet. I will by Mother's day or I'll be collecting Life Insurance.



Well, I finally have a chance to sit down and detail our first day. AKA TRAVEL DAY FROM HECK.
The day got off to an ok start. I had plenty of coffee, grands were here and excited.They oohed and ahhhed and wowed over their travel boxes.




 We were just waiting for  DD to get here with her SUV to take my overflow. And there was overflow. But I can pack a car like nobody’s business. Good thing.  8 people for 10 days in a vacation villa. We should have rented a u haul. We just might next  time.



Well DD gets here and we get packing in the drizzle. Plan was for the grands  and dog to ride with us and DD13 to ride with DD and DSIL.
Guess who got home early? DH! Of course all this time I am back and forth on the phone with my mom. She is worried about the weather and my causing a wreck. And I was  not even driving. See I have some control issues in the vehicle. My DH is a really good driver ( cue Rainman) but I hate the way he drives. BECAUSE I AM NOT IN CONTROL.  I could not do my usual *looks around* pop a Dr. prescribed sedative…because I have 2 children and a chowdren in the car.  So mom is worried that I will freak out,startle DH and we will die in a fiery crash. Because that is how I am going to die. I am convinced. YOU RIDE WITH DH if you are skeptical. I’ll wait.  *ahem*
So all eleventy hundred bags are packed, kids are settled, big travel mugs of coffee for meeee and we are off! Wait we have to get gas. ( Don’t tell anyone but I put the gas on the company CC. In all fairness I was going to meet with the owners) OK. We are off!
                                           My goofy SIL. I love him,but he is such a GOOBER.

NO! We have to eat. ( I am thinking  we can eat when we all get to Florida,but NOOO apparently you have to feed small children. And grown men.) SO we hit Zaxby’s at the exit.  Then my husband’s Lasik * kicks in. Small children have to pee a lot. So do men over 45. OKAY WE ARE READY!










NOOOOOOOOOOO. The dog will not sit still and we have to put her in my daughters SUV so SHE will not be the cause of our fiery crash. We have a small car. It is a Volvo. You can fit 3 bodies in the trunk but there is not a lot of room in the car itself. When I bought it I did not expect to take 2 car seats and a large mutant puppy on a trip.

OK WE are on I-95. WOO HOO! We had 2 way radios and cell phones. My DD22 came up with a unique trucker name for herself and we had a joyful conversation for 2 miles. When her battery died. So she calls,we pull over,get a charged radio from the trunk and WE.ARE.ON.OUR.WAY.


Nope. DD22 calls and says “ Your dog is puking all over my back seat .Can we swap my son for your dog?”

SOOOOOOO we pull over at the next exit. Make the swap. The dog had a hairball. Like a centimeter of spit. But that is ok.  I understand . She has a brand new vehicle ( that I am helping pay for and is in my name) So I get it.


Please note at this time we have gone exactly 22 miles.We started at 10:25 it is now 11:45. But hey we are only 15 minutes behind schedule.
Then my cell phone slips UNDER.MY.SEAT. For the rest of the trip my phone stayed in bra. I was begging people to call me.
I’ll be back in a bit with more. I know you can’t wait.

No comments:

Post a Comment